Monday, October 18, 2010

Do you dare to wear leggings?

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope y'all had a great weekend!  Our weather here was absolutely gorgeous and we spent some time outside yesterday at the boys' baseball games.  On Saturday we had the wonderful opportunity to see our friend's 5th grade daughter in a production of Beauty and the Beast.  It was a great musical and if you have kids in Lexington, SC, I definitely recommend taking them to see it.  The play runs through next weekend at the Village Square Theatre. 

Okay, enough of the plug for Sydney's musical:)  After the performance, a big group of us got together to watch the Gamecocks play football.  This is the outfit that I wore - it was perfect because I could take the sweater off when I got warm, and put it back on when I was outside and chilly.  It is the first time that I have dared to wear leggings and I have to say, I was soooo comfortable all night!


I didn't realize how much this blouse blended in with our backyard! 

sweater - Ann Taylor Loft (last year)
leggings - Lauren Conrad at Kohls
blouse - Simply Vera at Kohls
boots - J Crew
necklace - Kohls

I will definitley wear this outfit again.  The blouse is long enough to cover up my derrier so I was not self-conscience at all.  I recommend giving leggings a try - just make sure you have a long sweater or tunic to cover up any imperfections that make your uncomfortable and try belting the whole look if it's too blousy.  Let me know if you dare!

4 comments:

  1. Just saw your blog on "Dressing Mommy" and I am so excited for you to take the plunge with leggings!! The key is to wear a top that covers the front, and at least half the back! You look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes--I love leggings! They are just so comfortable! You styled these so cute.
    Pocket of Presh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice comments guys!

    ReplyDelete